Sunday, March 20, 2011

Brunch at Witlow's on Wilson Bar and Grill

2850 Wilson Blvd.
Clarendon, VA 22201
(703)276-9693
Brunch served Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00am - 3:00pm ( A La Carte) and 10:00am - 3:00pm (Buffet)
Regular Hours Monday- Friday 11:00am -2:00am Saturday & Sunday 9:00am - 2:00am 

Neighborhood: Clarendon
Nearest Metro Station: Clarendon Station
Brunch Prices: Adult Buffet: $17.95 and Kids 10 & Under: $5.95  A La Carte: Varies
Feature Cocktails: Mimosa 
                               Bloody Mary 

Restaurant Website: Whitlow's on Wilson Bar and Grill 

 So finally I caught a brunch on Saturday!  I have gone to Whitlow's many times to either hang out or hear a band, but never for lunch. I figured that since this past weekend was gorgeous that starting my Saturday off with brunch with my good friends would be a great idea.

I must say I like the option of having a brunch with A La Carte and a buffet. The buffet seemed to be a diverse selection of food ranging from a create your own omelet to crab legs.  Although, it was a good selection I was not that impressed by it.  
The Brunch Buffet



I decided for a la carte since I figured I would not be eating $17.95 worth of food from the buffet. Instead I ordered an egg white omelet with ham, mushroom and onions. It came with toast, sausage and  home fries. It was good but nothing to write home about. The menu is close to what you can get on the buffet which I found interesting.  It defiantly had a lot more breakfast selection on it than other places we have gone to.  

The mimosa was good, but then again it is hard to mess up mimosas. 
My mimoas
I found Witlow's to be great spot to start your Sunday Funday if you are going to have one. There were tons of people there, with different sports games on in the bar. But if you are looking for a classy place to go on a Sunday  or Saturday morning this may not be the best place to choose.

On a scale from one to ten I would give brunch at Witlow's on Wilson Bar and Grill at five. 


Stay tuned for more reviews of brunch in Arlington!!